Friday 23 July 2010

Another thought

I check the daily verse that comes up on here and some of them just start me thinking so I thought I might share the odd thought with readers - I am not trying to comment on every verse but will do it when the verse triggers somehting off in my head.

“Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)

I like this verse because it allows me to be like a child in some ways - the kingdom of heaven belongs to little children - I think the next time I dribble when I am eating something like corn on the cob I might remind my wife of this verse.
Elsewhere we are told that we need to be like children and sometimes I wonder if we forget this - we lose our way because we try to be far too analytical in our faith. In general terms I find that children are often more accepting of ideas and concepts and can believe the bible stories a lot more than us adults do.

I have been looking at the book of Revelation recently (Oh no I hear some of you say) and there is so much in there that people try to analyse and work out hidden meanings. Sometimes I think we would do well just to read it right through and picture in our minds all the marvellous things that John saw in his vision - I think the city alone will be something to see and if all the other stuff is there as well it will be an absolutely marvellous place to see and be in.

I suppose that our loss of childhood in this respect is partly down to Paul who urged us to put aside childish things but hey I enjoy a good water pistol fight any day and I really do think it is so easy to be old before we are.

I hope I am like a little child for a long time to come and that I will still be misbehaving for many years to come - my wife says I am always naughty, especially when I am in church business type meetings. I really do enjoy it though.

No comments: