Monday 29 June 2009

Vestry Prayer ordinary 14 year B

Ordinary 14.
Readings: Mark 6 v 12 - 13; Psalm 48;
2 Corinthians 12 v 2-10;2 Sam 5 v 1-5 + 9-10.

Heavenly Father as we gather today we are reminded that people in your sons earthly home did not want to listen to Him, and we ask Lord that you would help us to both listen and recognize the carpenter of Nazareth and the King of kings and Lord of lords. Help us to worship you in Spirit and in truth and leave here rejoicing because you have spoken to our hearts, minds and souls.
We ask all these things through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

2 comments:

John Hodge said...

Sincere thanks from a URC Secretary who is really pleased to see that you have restarted the publication of vestry prayers. I had not realised that you had published a book.

Just one small comment: I always include a direct reference to the Minster or Lay (Local) Preacher who is to lead the service. I used your prayer today but modified it to include such a reference.

Fat Prophet said...

Hi John,
Thanks for your comments, I do usually include a reference relating to the person who is taking the service but on odd prayers I have not done so. I have no problem with people using these prayers as a base for their own and would expect that sometimes folk would want to think of a local issue that is relevant to them. This week is the Methodist Conference so I could have included that as well.
The book I wrote was for this year of the RCL and if you scroll down there is a picture of it on the sidebar and if you clik it should link to where it can be bought.
I will probably post the prayer for next week tomnorrow.