Tuesday 11 December 2007

Carols for Cadets

I had one of those phone calls last night the start with 'Is that?' and the go on with 'You won't know me but' and I always wonder who has volunteered me for something or put my name forward to a friend of a friend for some obscure meeting or group who are looking for a speaker. Anyway this turned out to be an Anglican Vicar who is the new Chaplain of the army cadet force in Walsall and he had been told that I played for their carol service last year. He was ringing to see if I could play for the service this year and after checking my diary I agreed that would be fine.
Anyway the point of this blog to ask those who read it to pray for this service which takes place next Monday (17th) at St John's Church, Pleck, Walsall at 7-30p.m. when around 300 young people will gather to hear the Christmas story in word and song. Please pray that this will be an opportunity for them to hear the real story of Christmas and the good news of the Saviour born in Bethlehem.