Thursday 6 September 2007

Busy weekend

Got a busy weekend this week with the district synod meeting on Saturday and then Sunday I am preaching at Cradley Heath Elim Church in the morning and Bethesda Chapel at Hill Top in the evening so could be an interesting day. Not been to the Elim church before so that will be a very new experience although I did belong to West Bromwich Elim church for about 7 years. Did a dummy run tonight using AA route and it took me to some places I'd never been before as well as some I had. Not sure thay took me by the easiest route but the timing was very good - they said 20 minutes and it took 25 but coming back was quicker. Bethesda Chapel is where I used to go to Sunday School when I was young and I went there a few weeks ago in the morning so will be interesting to see what evening service is like. Will miss harvest festival at my own church but will manage to get to the harvest supper on Monday (fish & chips).

2 comments:

David said...

It would be interested to know why you moved from Elim to methodism. The traffic is usually in the opposite direction.

PamBG said...

I think we might be going to the same Synod. Might see you there. If you see a dark-haired woman and hear an American accent, say hello.